*Originally Featured in dōTERRA’s 2013 Holiday Guide.
These delicious Gingerbread Cookies will be a huge hit during your next holiday event. These cookies are gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan, so you can happily offer them to your friends and family who have diet restrictions. Plus, they taste great and can be enjoyed by all.
1 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
2/3 cup tapioca flour
2/3 cup sorghum flour
1 tablespoon chia seed meal
1 tablespoon flax seed meal
1/3 cup of coconut palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 drops Cinnamon essential oil
2 drops Ginger essential oil
2 drops Clove essential oil
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
45 drops Liquid Stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl and whisk.
- Combine wet ingredients in bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add essential oils.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients on slow speed until combined.
- Put a small handful of buckwheat flour onto clean surface and place dough on top.
- Roll until 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Take cookie cutter and cut out shapes.
- Place cutouts onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top with icing if desired.