After many years of teaching acupressure to promote a better birth experience, Debra Betts has at last released a DVD – Acupressure for Natural Pain Relief in Labour. Professionally produced, with detailed explanations and full demonstrations of the techniques, this DVD is ideal for pregnant women and their partners and support people, doulas, midwives and practitioners of acupressure, acupuncture and shiatsu.
The acupressure methods outlined in the DVD are really easy to use, promote natural birth and encourage close partner involvement.
The DVD includes testimonials from women and their partners who have used the techniques during labour, and comes with an illustrated booklet with reminders of the points and their application.
Using acupressure for natural pain relief in labour can provide real support for labouring women who would prefer to not use drugs during labour and childbirth.
Acupressure for Natural Pain Relief in Labour DVD Contents:
- Information about acupressure, using acupressure appropriately
- Advice for support people
- How to find the acupressure points, and using them points effectively
- Baby in breech or posterior position
- Failure to progress (can also be used to encourage the onset of labour if medical induction is imminent)
- Emotional stress during labour
- Nausea, afterpains, breastfeeding, postnatal recovery and other problems during and after pregnancy
- Illustrated booklet to keep with you during labour
A study in 2004 found that using acupressure during labour can help reduce the pain, and shorten the length of labour – Effects of SP6 acupressure on labor pain and length of delivery time in women during labor..pdf