The Smart TENS is an easy to use form of pain relief. This TENS is not designed for use during birth, but can be useful afterwards if you have any chronic and acute pain conditions, including:
- back pain
- shoulder pain
- osteoporosis pain
- sports injuries
- period pain
- post-operative pain
The Smart TENS has 4 different TENS modes, to use in accordance with your needs. Each mode can be adjusted to your preferred intensity.
- Mode 1 -Constant – Smart TENS uses steady continuous pulses to prevent the pain signal from reaching your brain (based on the Pain Gate Control Theory). This can provide quick pain relief which can last for hours after one hour of treatment.
- Mode 2 – Burst – Pulses turn on and off in bursts, or a cycle, like a heartbeat. Based on using TENS like acupuncture (Endorphin Release Theory) where TENS is used to help the body release endorphins, our own happy hormones. Can be slower to be effective, but may last for longer.
- Mode 3 – Massage – a massage sensation is created by regular cycles of increasing and decreasing pulses.
- Mode 4 – Mixed – 3 seconds of constant pulses and 3 seconds of bursts. This provides a combination of pain blocking and endorphin creation.
Smart TENS includes:
- Smart TENS
- 4 pack of electrode pads
- 2 leadwires
- soft pouch for storage
- 2 x AA batteries
- neck cord
- digital download – An Easy Guide to TENS Pain Relief